Mark teaches you how to properly use speedlights and strobes in the same lighting setup.
Mixing speedlights and strobes can be tricky when using an IR trigger, because the speedlight’s “preflash” will accidentally trigger the strobe before the exposure is made. Mark will explain how to use radio triggers to ensure your lights trigger at the same time, every time.
Gear used in this video
- Nikon D3S Body Only
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor ED-IF Lens
- Profoto D1 1000 Watt Second Air Monolight Flash with Built-in Reflector & Power Cable, Coated Flash Tube
- Matthews Baby Junior Triple Riser Stand with Wheels
- Nikon SB-900 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
- Tether tableTether Tools Tether Table Premier, 18″ x 16″ – Black
- Nikon SU-800 Replacement Wireless Speedlight Commander
- Nikon SB-700 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight – USA Warranty
- PocketWizard MiniTT1 Transmitter for Canon DSLR Cameras & Flash Units, with a Range of up to 1200′
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver for Canon DSLR Cameras & Flash Units, with a Range of up to 1200′
- PocketWizard MiniTT1 Radio Slave Transmitter for Nikon i-TTL System
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver Radio Slave for Nikon i-TTL Flash System
- PocketWizard MultiMAX Transceiver, Remote Control Radio Slave.
- 30″ Small White Umbrella