In this episode, Mark demonstrates how to make sure your light meter is properly set up for use.
Using a Sekonic L-358, Mark shows you how to set your light meter to measure in third-stop increments that will match the settings on your camera, set your sync speed and more. A properly adjusted light meter will ensure that you’ll get accurate readings for your photographs.
Gear used in this video
- Nikon D3S Body Only
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor ED-IF Lens
- Profoto Softbox 4×6′
- Profoto D1 1000 Watt Second Air Monolight Flash with Built-in Reflector & Power Cable, Coated Flash Tube
- Matthews Baby Junior Triple Riser Stand with Wheels
- Benro A2690TBH1 Travel Angel Aluminum Tripod
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver #801-130
- Tether Tools Aero Table, Master Edition Portable Computer Tethering Platform, 22″ x 16″, Black
- Tether Tools TetherPro 15ft USB 3.0 Male (Type A) to Micro (Type B) 5-Pin Cable, Hi-Visibility Orange
- Sekonic L-358 Flash Master, Weatherproof Digital Incident & Reflected Flash and Ambient Light Meter