In this episode, Mark shows you how to create a photobooth setup for your next party or corporate gathering! The key to this is the white foam core boards, also known as V-flats or bookends. These allow the flash to bounce so you get great light from only one speedlight. You also should use a wide-angle lens to fit many people in the pictures!
Mark uses his PocketWizard PlusIII’s to trigger the camera and take fun pictures. If you don’t have wireless remotes, you can also use a shutter release cable to achieve the same results. Using Lightroom, Mark is able to quickly create a slideshow to show the guests their photos. In the next episode, Mark will show you how to do that to make a big impact at a party, corporate event or even a wedding.
Gear used in this video
- Nikon D3S Body Only
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S Nikkor Lens – Nikon U.S.A. Warranty
- Nikon SB-910 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver #801-130
- Benro A2690TBH1 Travel Angel Aluminum Tripod
- PocketWizard N90M3ACCND Nikon 10 Pin Remote Pre-Trigger Cable
- Tether Tools Aero Table, Master Edition Portable Computer Tethering Platform, 22″ x 16″, Black
- Tether Tools TetherPro 15ft USB 3.0 Male (Type A) to Micro (Type B) 5-Pin Cable, Hi-Visibility Orange
- Savage Nucor, Plain Uncoated Foam Mount Board, 40×60″, Pack of 12 Boards
- Westcott Pro 8′ Free Sliding Lightstand with 5/8 Mounting Stud, 4 Sections with 3 Risers, Black Anodized