It’s always a good idea to have a few lighting setups that you know inside out. This gives you a great safety zone if you get stuck during a shoot.
In this episode, Mark explains one of his go-to lighting setups. Using a large 4×6′ softbox as the key, white foam core for a fill and a small 2×3′ softbox as a kicker, Mark gets a beautiful portrait.
Gear used in this video
- Nikon D3S Body Only
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor ED-IF Lens
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver #801-130
- Benro A2690TBH1 Travel Angel Aluminum Tripod
- Profoto D1 1000 Watt Second Air Monolight Flash with Built-in Reflector & Power Cable, Coated Flash Tube
- Matthews Baby Junior Triple Riser Stand with Wheels
- Profoto Softbox 4×6′
- Savage Nucor, Plain Uncoated Foam Mount Board, 40×60″, Pack of 12 Boards
- Sekonic L-758DR DigitalMaster, Programmable Digital Flash & Ambient Exposure Meter
- Profoto 2×3′ RFi Softbox, Rectangular
- Savage Seamless Background Paper, 107″ wide x 50 yards, Super White, #1