My iPhone shot of B&H Photo in New York City.
I don’t think a day goes by without someone asking me where I buy my equipment. I buy a lot of it locally at Photomark and the rest I buy online. Here are my favorite places to buy on the Internet. I’ve purchased a lot of gear from each of these stores and can tell you they are trustworthy.
- Canoga Camera – A great shop in southern California. Shipping is very fast and the staff is awesome. I usually check here first because the service is top notch. One of my favorites.
- B&H Photo Video – a HUGE store in New York City. The king of online stores.
- Adorama – Another big store in New York City. Great deals, solid service.
- Roberts – The place I go when I can’t find it anywhere else. This store saved me a lot of money a few years ago.
- Calumet Photographic – Another big store with a great selection. They make their own lighting equipment – great stuff. I usually go here for reflectors, flags, etc.
- Lastolite – They’ve got some great reflectors, stands and background systems. If you need portable backgrounds or shoot on location a lot make sure you check out their gear.
Do you have any local or online stores you want to add to the list? Just leave a comment if you have a favorite that you think others should know about.