Join Mark as he explores an under-utilized feature of speedlights: the zoom!
Speedlights have the ability to zoom their light to match the zoom on the lens. You can turn the zoom into manual mode though and use it creatively to get unique illumination patterns in your images. Mark will show you how to use this feature on both a Canon and Nikon flash, and then give some examples of the results you can get.
Gear used in this video
- Nikon D3S Body Only
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S Nikkor Lens – Nikon U.S.A. Warranty
- Nikon SB-900 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver #801-130
- Benro A2690TBH1 Travel Angel Aluminum Tripod
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II, Shoe Mount Flash with Guide Number of 190 Feet / 58m at ISO 100, U.S.A. Warranty
- Interfit Photographic Umbrella Holder with Hotshoe Adapter