I challenged Gavin Hoey to shoot for a full day using a single prime lens. His response is terrific, and his photos are even better. When Gavin and I agreed to take on this challenge we had no idea what the other person was going to do. In fact, we shot and edited our videos completely before we told each other what we’d done. It was a ton of fun to see how Gavin approached the challenge. He definitely did a few things that I wish I’d done. Continue reading…
Category Archives: AdoramaTV
In this episode I explain how to set up a Lightroom system from the ground up. In this video you’ll learn how to set up your hard drives, name folders, and configure Lightroom to create a system that will grow with you for years.
The Where To Start Chart is a tools designed to help beginning photographers navigate the settings on their camera. The chart is an interactive PDF file with links to hours of free photography tutorials. If you get to a spot and are unsure what something means, just click the box to watch a video about that topic.
In this episode Mark walks you through the process of calibrating your computer monitor using X-Rite color management tools.
Mark goes retro by using his old Polaroid Land Camera in the studio. Many of the older instant film cameras have a sync port which can be used to connect a radio trigger like a PocketWizard Plus III. Then your camera can trigger studio strobes for some awesome instant shots!
Gear used in this video
- Fujifilm FP-100C Instant Color Print Film, ISO 100, 3.25×4.25″, Pack of Ten
- Fujifilm FP-3000B Instant Black & White Print Film, ISO 3200, 3-1/4×4-1/4″, Pack of Ten (10)
- Adorama Used: Polaroid Land Camera
- Profoto Acute2R 1200 Pro Value Pack
- Profoto Softbox 4×6′
- Profoto D1 500 Watt Second Air Monolight Flash with Built-in Reflector & Power Cable, Coated Flash Tube
- Profoto 10 Degree Honeycomb Grid for the #505-502 7″ Grid Reflector. #100634 / 505-572
- Profoto 5 Degree Honeycomb Grid for the #505-502 7″ Grid Reflector. #100635 / 505-571
- Profoto Zoom Reflector 2 – Accepts Profoto Grids, No Gridholder Needed #100785 / 505-517
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver #801-130
- Matthews Baby Junior Triple Riser Stand with Wheels,
- Westcott Photo Basics 40″ 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector Kit with Case, Reflector Holder Arm & Stand
- Savage Seamless Background Paper, 107″ wide x 50 yards, Slate Gray, #26
- Benro Travel Angel