Gwen Lindvig by Mark Wallace. Copyright 2009 Mark Wallace/SnapFactory
Today I had a terrific shoot with Gwen Lindvig. At the last minute I decided I would give real-time updates via Twitter. It was a lot of fun and a lot of my twitter friends enjoyed it. I think I may do this again but I’ll do it a bit differently.
Things I liked:
- People were asking questions via Twitter during the shoot. I was able to answer and even snap iPhone shots to illustrate what I was doing.
- People were talking about things real-time. It was a blast to have a group talking about things as they progressed.
- It was great to take snapshots of the lighting setup and then show the results so quickly.
Things I’ll change:
- I’ll probably create a Twitter account just for the live updates. I’m not so sure EVERYONE wanted to get so many updates.
- It was a spur of the moment idea. Next time I’ll make announcement so people will know in advance.
- It was too much to shoot iPhone updates, tweet, and conduct a photo shoot all at the same time. In the future I’ll have a dedicated “reporter” shooting and typing updates for me.
Thanks for everyone who joined in on the fun. Let me know if you have suggestions or comments.
Diane was the makeup artist today and did a stellar job. Our model was Gwen Lindvig. I’ll post some of the photos once they’ve been retouched.